Learn to Dance to Zydeco and Cajun Music Meetup
To me the purpose of Cajun music is to make you dance; I played for the grand opening of Trader Joe's one time and a young couple started waltzing and I liked that. My fiddling came in my mid-20s. In my uncle's band there was fiddle and accordion—my uncle played both instruments and sang. There was a drummer, plus me on guitar, it was a three-piece band. I'm the only one in my family playing... Traditionally, the Cajun dance ("Fais-do-do" in Cajun) was the major social function in Cajun society. The principal instrument in Cajun music is the diatonic accordion, preferably in the key of C. Although it is a German instrument, the Cajun people adopted it in the 1870s. To a lesser degree, the fiddle is also a favorite instrument in Cajun music. Early Cajun bands featured both of these
Cajun Music Bands List of Best Cajun Music Artists/Groups
The Difference Between Cajun Music and Zydeco Share Flipboard Email Print David Redfern and dancers would dance Square, Round, and Contra Dances. Along Comes the Accordion... In the late 1800s, the accordion was invented and eventually made its way to Louisiana. It was a perfect instrument for the music, as its loud sound cut across noisy dance floors. Fiddle backed down to a secondary... Cajun Dance Steps By Julianne Ross ; according to the shape of the dance floor. Like all waltzes, the music is in 3/4 time. The most common pattern for this dance is simply stepping on each beat, with an emphasis on the beginning beat of each three. In general, it’s easy enough to recognize that beat because it’s emphasized in the music. Step out on the “one” beat, add a simple two
Cajun dance lessons to a Bruce Daigrepont beat at New
Louisiana Cajun dance music at the weekly live town hall radio broadcast from the small town of Eunice near Lafayette, USA Fort Lauderdale Florida Ft. Cajun Zydeco Crawfish Festival Creole Party wagon riders use the trailer floorboards to dance while DJ Richie Rich …... The traditional music of the Cajun people of Louisiana is unique. It is sung in 17 th century French and comes in two sizes - toe tapping, crowd pleasing ‘two step’ dances and slow, soulful waltzes, that still echo with the sadness and sense of separation of “Le Grand Derangement”.
Cajun and Zydeco Music zZounds
• What we'll doFirst time dancers get a 45 minute lesson and dance the night away to a Zydeco playlist.• What to bringBring your dance shoes and be ready to have fun.• Important to knowNo experience o... Cajun refers to the culture of a group of peoples including their food, music and dancing. Moreover, the Cajuns ancestors immigrated from, French catholic colonies in Canada in the 18th century.
How To Dance To Cajun Music
Best Places to Dance in Louisiana Louisiana Travel
- Lyric Jai Ete A Au Bal I Went To The Dance Savoy Doucet
- Baton Rouge Events Home Facebook
- Cajun The Jambalaya Cajun Band - Cajun Dancing
- A Visit to Cajun Country Louisiana Ever In Transit
How To Dance To Cajun Music
The traditional music of the Cajun people of Louisiana is unique. It is sung in 17 th century French and comes in two sizes - toe tapping, crowd pleasing ‘two step’ dances and slow, soulful waltzes, that still echo with the sadness and sense of separation of “Le Grand Derangement”.
- Nobody cooks like a Louisiana Cajun – in the kitchen or on the dance floor. And you’d be mistaken if you thought you’d have to venture into the country to find an authentic Cajun dance party.
- [F Bb C Dm D Gm G Am] Chords for Cajun - The Jambalaya Cajun Band - Cajun Dancing with capo transposer, play along with guitar, piano, ukulele & mandolin.
- Red Hot Cajun Dance Music on The Isle of Wight Formed in 2014, the musicians of Cajundaze bring a wealth of experience and expertise to this exciting new band, based on the Isle of Wight. Playing a mixture of Cajun, Zydeco with just a hint of Western Swing, the band are great to listen to and even better to dance to.
- Cajun Jitterbug is a style of Cajun dancing with two variations. The main style is a classic two-step form of a six-count East Coast Swing , which is differentiated from the one-step Cajun Jig . The other is considered a cowboy-style of Jitterbug or swing dance , also referred to as the Lake Charles Slide , the Cowboy Jitterbug and the Whiskey River Jitterbug .
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Red Hill ACT, Flynn ACT, Anembo ACT, O'connor ACT, Mckellar ACT, ACT Australia 2691
- New South Wales: North Wahroonga NSW, Somersby NSW, Tamworth NSW, Seven Hills NSW, Brookfield NSW, NSW Australia 2094
- Northern Territory: Bayview NT, Nakara NT, Roper Bar NT, Top Springs NT, Muirhead NT, Renner Springs NT, NT Australia 0851
- Queensland: Bonogin QLD, Burton QLD, Baffle Creek QLD, Alderley QLD, QLD Australia 4011
- South Australia: Risdon Park SA, Spalding SA, Edillilie SA, St Johns SA, Nackara SA, Ceduna Waters SA, SA Australia 5061
- Tasmania: Jetsonville TAS, Swan Bay TAS, Camdale TAS, TAS Australia 7053
- Victoria: Yanakie VIC, Torquay VIC, Wunghnu VIC, Woodside Beach VIC, Docklands VIC, VIC Australia 3001
- Western Australia: Kathleen WA, Burtville WA, Nedlands WA, WA Australia 6098
- British Columbia: Revelstoke BC, Keremeos BC, Port Alberni BC, Langford BC, Port Moody BC, BC Canada, V8W 3W6
- Yukon: Carcross Cutoff YT, Fort Selkirk YT, Thistle Creek YT, Clear Creek YT, Dominion YT, YT Canada, Y1A 5C9
- Alberta: Redcliff AB, Trochu AB, Raymond AB, Beaverlodge AB, Rockyford AB, Clive AB, AB Canada, T5K 6J9
- Northwest Territories: Nahanni Butte NT, Enterprise NT, Yellowknife NT, Colville Lake NT, NT Canada, X1A 2L9
- Saskatchewan: Dalmeny SK, Brock SK, Lemberg SK, Forget SK, Wawota SK, Punnichy SK, SK Canada, S4P 3C6
- Manitoba: St. Lazare MB, Flin Flon MB, Cartwright MB, MB Canada, R3B 3P6
- Quebec: Saint-Basile QC, Mont-Joli QC, Longueuil QC, Mirabel QC, Brossard QC, QC Canada, H2Y 1W2
- New Brunswick: Fredericton Junction NB, Saint John NB, Hartland NB, NB Canada, E3B 5H2
- Nova Scotia: New Glasgow NS, Antigonish NS, Pictou NS, NS Canada, B3J 8S2
- Prince Edward Island: Valleyfield PE, Valleyfield PE, Kingston PE, PE Canada, C1A 6N9
- Newfoundland and Labrador: St. Vincent's-St. Stephen's-Peter's River NL, North River NL, Trout River NL, Harbour Breton NL, NL Canada, A1B 9J8
- Ontario: Turbine ON, Blacks Corners, Dufferin County ON, Pottageville ON, Halls Mills, Beachburg ON, Jones ON, Azilda ON, ON Canada, M7A 4L4
- Nunavut: Kent Peninsula NU, Pangnirtung NU, NU Canada, X0A 7H5
- England: Walsall ENG, Exeter ENG, Kidderminster ENG, Widnes ENG, Exeter ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 5A6
- Northern Ireland: Bangor NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Belfast NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 8H9
- Scotland: East Kilbride SCO, Glasgow SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, Aberdeen SCO, Livingston SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 4B9
- Wales: Wrexham WAL, Barry WAL, Cardiff WAL, Barry WAL, Cardiff WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 8D4